Wednesday 29 August 2012

Cath Kidston Shopping

I spent the last few days flat hunting back in Bristol and whilst I was there I found time to pop in the Cath Kidston shop near the University. Although I didn't buy anything (I'll wait for the sale!) I did snap a few pictures to show you as I know some CK fans don't live near one of her stores. Just click on the photos to make them bigger!
 From the outside you can see the front of the shop focuses on bags. I keep spotting people all over bristol using CK bags and I have one of my own. The picture below was just one of several displays sporting bags of lots of different sizes, shapes, colours and prints. I love that some of the display cabinets were old wardrobes painted blue or pink and so were the period features of the building such as the pink archway you can see on the right of the photo below.
After I walked past the bag displays I found myself at the till with baby products on my right, followed by rails of clothes and shoes. I couldn't get any good pictures of these as it was too dark. I did get a snap of the nightware and toiletries display below. Everything was very expensive, just as you would expect from Cath, but browsing these delights just made me so happy and really cheered me up after having a rather dismal morning. 

 Next a ascended a small flight of steps and was greeted by this pretty table setting.
Next to that was a gorgeous array of teatowels and aprons that begged to be tried on. If I had this stuff in my kitchen I'd find any excuse to wash dishes!!
The next photo was my favourite corner of the entire shop. I lust after CK bed linen and when I am earning my own money this is at the top of my list to spend my first paycheck on. I really, really wanted to buy something at this point of my shopping trip but at £16 a cushion cover it would be a waste of money when I can make one myself.
Now onto the crafty bits. There were sewing boxes, rolls of ribbon, fat quarter packs, books etc but they were so over priced for what they were I couldn't justify getting anything.
 And there were sooo many rolls of the most divine fabrics. I stroked them, I moved them around and eventually my boyfriend had to drag me away for a flat viewing but I could have spent hours in this shop. If you are ever in Bristol you should try and check it out. Also, it's near a homeware shop called Guild I would highly recommend.
And if that wasn't enough CK for you, I spotted a small store in St. Pancras train station on my way through and took a quick detour to check it out.
 It had pretty much the same stuff as the Bristol store but was a lot smaller.
 I did spot these cute teddies, all in a row, guarding a basket full of sweet plushies.
 And then on my way out I nearly jumped up and down on the spot in front of everyone! The armchair below is upholstered in patchwork. How amazing is that? I would love to curl up in this and do some crochet in the evenings. I didn't have time to move the bags from it for the photo but you can see it really is gorgeous

So I hoped you liked shopping with me today and that you'll be back for more. I probably won't be able to post the pattern I promised you last time until late next week because I have exams but I have not forgotten about it.

Love Em xxxxxx





2 comments:

  1. Wow that chair!! I want one too :) Good luck with flat hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are well and your exams are going ok. I just found your blog this week and am really looking forward to your tutorials, particularly the alternative 'joining granny squares'!

    ReplyDelete